The accountability committee is made up of teachers and community members who are asked by the School Board to investigate different options about issues in the school district. Typically, the committee will meet and discuss items proposed by the School Board in November. Following the initial meeting, the committee will then research and propose some solutions for the district.
The members for the 2012-13 school year are; Mary Feirn, Andy Mueller, Lisa Sagal, Wendy Bolane, Shantel Messer, Sharon Lichthardt, and Brad Fritsch.
By November 1 of each school year, the Board of Education will confirm the committee’s responsibilities. After this time, the Board of Education and Accountability can mutually agree to alter the approved activities including the timetable and content of the assignments.
The responsibilities annually include but are not limited to:
- Review of each school’s budget, including observations/recommendations
- Review of each school’s Performance or Improvement plan
- Participation on interview committees as designated by Board policy
- Participation in sub-committees as requested by the Board of Education or school administration
The responsibilities may also include but are not limited to:
- Administration and reporting of results of the school climate survey
- Review of the district calendar
Every effort shall be made to fulfill the responsibilities inherent in the concept of accountability and in accordance with state law.
Click on the link below to view the Accountability Bylaws.