Welcome to Ridgway Secondary School. Go Demons!
At Ridgway Secondary School we have a saying, "Aspire to Inspire." Whether a student is an incoming sixth grader or a graduating senior, we keep this saying close to heart. After all, RSS is the last step before a student becomes a citizen of the world. Yet, to inspire the youth of the 21st Century it is necessary to engage students in a multitude of activities. Some of the highlights students experience each year include:
- A senior rafting trip with Outward Bound
- A junior cultural experience in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Backpacking trip down Dominguez Canyon
- Service learning with the community of Ridgway
- Documentary filmmaking with Mountainfilm in Telluride
- 6-8 Learn to ski program through Telski
- Science field trips to an anatomy lab
- College preparation courses that can culminate in 40 earned college hours
- 8th Grade float down the Colorado River
- Ice climbing in Ouray, Colorado
- And many more...
Without a doubt, a student at RSS will leave our school inspired to make a difference!