2021/2022 Preschool Registration
Dear Families in the Ridgway School District Community,
Thank you for your interest in enrolling/registering your child for the new school year. Enrollment and registration will be completed using PowerSchool Registration (PSR) and will be accessed from the PowerSchool Parent Portal. You must obtain the document, PowerSchool Parent Portal Access, from the appropriate office staff before starting registration. For Returning Students, this document will be emailed to you in August.
Please use the PowerSchool Registration - Parent Guide for step-by-step instructions to complete registration.
Prior to registration, the following items are required for new students only to enroll:
- Authorization to Release Records Form
- Proof of your child’s age and identity (birth certificate, passport, military ID)
- Immunization records
- Proof of residence (utility statement, mortgage statement, lease agreement).
These documents should be submitted to the appropriate school office manager.
Secondary: Jennifer Donovan - 970-626-5788
Elementary: Stephanie Lyons - 970-626-5468
Please contact Stephanie if you have a child to enroll in kindergarten or preschool. Your child must be age 5 by August 15th to enroll in kindergarten.
About the Ridgway Elementary School Preschool Program
Hours of operation: 8:05AM - 2:50PM
Monday-Friday following the school district calendar
General information about our program:
- Low class size, capped at 15 students
- Adult to student ratio of 1 to 8
- Mixed classrooms, ages 3-4 (Age cutoff is August 15)
- School lunch program and healthy snacks
- Research based social and emotional curriculum - Pyramid Model
- Raising a Reader Book Program
- Outdoor Education Curriculum
- Parent/Teacher Conferences in Fall & Spring
Scholarship and State Funding (CPP) available. The Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) is administered by the Colorado Department of Education and helps pay for our early childhood program. Students are found to be eligible for CPP funding after a review of possible risk factors found on the preschool application. All answers given on this form are confidential. For families who meet the qualification standards, the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) pays for four half days of preschool per week. Families must pay the rest of the tuition bill. A full description of the Colorado Preschool Program can be found at: https://www.cde.state.co.us/cpp
Applications & Registration:
- Application packets will be available in the Spring. Generally the program is at capacity and there is a waitlist. Priority is given to students living in the Ridgway R-2 Schol District, students with special needs and four year olds.
- New students (only) are required to participate in Early Childhood Development Screening (aka Child Find) through the BOCES. https://www.unboces.org/childfind
- PowerSchool online registration opens in mid-August.
- Determination of new out of district students acceptance is made one week before the first day of the school year.