About the Ridgway Elementary School Preschool Program
Hours of operation: 8:05AM - 2:50PM (Half day ends at 11:15am) following the school district calendar
General information about our program:
- Low class size
- Adult to student ratio of 1 to 8
- Mixed classrooms, ages 3-4 (Age cutoff is August 15)
- School lunch program and healthy snacks
- Research based social and emotional curriculum - Pyramid Model
- Raising a Reader Book Program
- Weekly Outdoor Education & Library Classes
- Parent/Teacher Conferences in Fall & Spring
** Tuition rates for SY 2021-22. Rates not yet set for SY 2022-23.
Scholarship and State Funding (CPP) available. The Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) is administered by the Colorado Department of Education and helps pay for our early childhood program. Students are found to be eligible for CPP funding after a review of possible risk factors found on the preschool application. All answers given on this form are confidential. For families who meet the qualification standards, the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) pays for four half days of preschool per week. Families must pay the rest of the tuition bill. A full description of the Colorado Preschool Program can be found at: https://www.cde.state.co.us/cpp
Applications & Registration:
- Application packets will be available in the Spring. Priority is given to students living in the Ridgway R-2 School District, students with special needs and four year olds.
- PowerSchool online registration opens in mid-August.
- Determination of new out of district students acceptance is made one week before the first day of the school year.