5:45am - • Director of Transportation/Maintenance makes decision to start late or cancel school and contacts Superintendent.
6:00am - Notification of Staff by Superintendent
6:15am - Notification of Parents & Students
- Text message sent across the district
- Robocall sent with more details
- Email sent to parents and students
6:20am - Public Notification
- Radio stations (KUBC AM 580 and KIX Country, Sunny 103 FM) will be notified of late start/cancellation
- The RSD Facebook and District webpages will be updated
We encourage parents, students, and the public to utilize the above resources instead of calling the schools or district office.
- Voicemail at RES, RSS, and District Office will be updated
By 6:30am all parents, students, and staff will have been notified of closure or late start.