Job Posting – Custodian (Substitute)
Support Staff / Substitute / Non-Exempt
Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the district school buildings and grounds as assigned. Performs a variety of diverse duties assuring that buildings and grounds are maintained and repaired in a timely and efficient manner
- Clean assigned area of the facility, including classrooms, hallways, restrooms, and common areas
- Is continually alert for opportunities to improve the appearance of the school building
- Dust, sweep, mop, wax, and buff floors; clean desks, whiteboards, and other furniture and equipment; clean and assist in the repair of windows and light fixtures as may be needed
- Keep all drinking fountains and lavatory fixtures clean and in sanitary condition
- Set up and clean the cafeteria for meals
- Perform minor maintenance and repair tasks related to the upkeep and operation of the facility and equipment
- Maintain supplies and equipment assigned in proper working order
- Assist with snow removal from walkways and other areas
- Collect and empty trash, clean waste receptacles
- Assist in maintaining lawns, grounds, baseball and soccer fields as directed by the Facility Director
- Performs seasonal work such as summer deep cleaning and maintenance
- Move equipment and furniture
- Set up for special events, meetings, or activities
- Sees to the general security of the facility during shift: turn lights on and off, lock and unlock doors at the times directed by the administration
- Perform other services as necessary to maintain safe and sanitary premises or as assigned by the Facility Director
- High school diploma or GED
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
- Experience working in a school atmosphere
- Basic computer skills, ability to communicate via email
On call basis
Ridgway School District R-2
Attn: Personnel Coordinator
1115 West Clinton Street
Ridgway, CO 81432
Please include the Support Staff Application, resume and three letters of recommendation. The Ridgway School District Support Staff Application can be found at https://www.ridgway.k12.co.us/employment.html.
Contact Jeff Butterbaugh with questions at 970-626-4320 or via e-mail.
Internal applications will be considered. Internal applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest and a current resume.
Be Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Statement: In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, Ridgway School District does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, disability, or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Outside agencies: Complaints regarding violations of Title VI, (race, national origin), Title IX (sex/gender), Section 504/ADA (handicap or disability), may be filed directly with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204. Complaints regarding violations of Title VII (employment) and the ADEA (prohibiting age discrimination in employment) may be filed directly with the Federal Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 303 E. 17th Ave., Suite 510, Denver, CO 80202, or the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80202.