Summer Custodian Job Description
Classification: Classified, Nonexempt
Salary and Terms of Employment:
Hourly rate of pay dependent on experience
Full-time / Monday-Thursday / June 14, 2021-August 13, 2021
Reports to and Evaluated by: Facility and Transportation Director
Date Adopted: 02/15/2018
The summer custodian assists the custodian/maintenance department with summer cleaning and maintenance of buildings and school grounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing/buffing machines, chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, windows, furniture, and blinds, cleans ceilings, dusts and polishes light fixtures, and paints.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- Maintains professional attitude.
- Adheres to school district policies.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Facility and Transportation Director.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The summer custodian performs their work in a public school setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves continually during working hours. Is subject to lifting over 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and the expected work hours are 40 hours per week, Monday through Thursday; June 14, 2021-August 13, 2021.
Travel is primarily local between the school campuses and grounds.
Required Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED/HSED
- Some previous experience in a custodial/maintenance role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by Ridgway School District administration:
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Statement: In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, Ridgway School District does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, disability, or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Outside agencies: Complaints regarding violations of Title VI, (race, national origin), Title IX (sex/gender), Section 504/ADA (handicap or disability), may be filed directly with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204. Complaints regarding violations of Title VII (employment) and the ADEA (prohibiting age discrimination in employment) may be filed directly with the Federal Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 303 E. 17th Ave., Suite 510, Denver, CO 80202, or the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80202.